Friday, July 01, 2011

new project: bright summer socks



with it being so hot out, i haven't been feeling too inspired to knit, but recently dug out some bright cotton yarn that i thought would make into good summer socks. originally i picked out these colors for another striped baktus scarf, but was less than pleased the way the colors looked in a thin stripe pattern. so i decided to go with a pair of neutral socks with a pop of bright lime green -- on the toes, heels and around the top.



i couldn't really find a pattern that was what i was looking for, so i'm making this one up as i go along, but drawing a lot from this toe-up generic sock pattern. the yarn is DK weight and made of a cotton/linen blend. they should knit up pretty quickly!

yarn: knit picks cotlin in chartreuse and whisker
needle: US 3
pattern: my own (coming soon!)


9 comments:

meredith said...

I love those colors together! Very cute!

Meg said...

They're so cute! The colors are great

Katie said...

Agreed - love those colors together!

Windsor Grace said...

I love that bright color and those together are to die for.

BEESTLYproducts said...

the best color choices!

Perissa said...

I really like these colors together. There's something very fun about a neutral with a surprise pop of something bright.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's so cool you can make up your own patterns! I am a knitter beginner, but socks are my next project to tackle. :) These are so adorable- I love the colors you chose!

Amanda Thornton said...

cute,simple socks. I've been thinking of knitting up some light ones to wear with my boots- store bought socks are so thick for the summer and make my boots fit a little too tight. i'm definitely imagining a lace like pattern...

xo
Amanda

Kristen said...

How did this yarn turn out for socks? I'm always a little wary to use cotton yarn with no elastic for a sock, but love knit picks yarn!