Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mixed Media: Handmade Baby Blankets

I stumbled across this baby blanket pattern over at Purl Soho. I love the mixing of sewing and crochet! And this would be super quick and easy to make as a baby gift. Purl has the detailed pattern, but basically you just have to hem the edges of the blanket then crochet the border around, using 3 single crochets and chain stitch.



And while Purl recommends their fabric, which is fabulous, it's also pretty expensive. I researched some alternatives over at fabric.com and found some adorable flannel prints that would be perfect for a little baby. Here are some of my favorites. How adorable are those pink giraffes!! Ahh!

Edit: I just bought the giraffe fabric and will be picking up some yarn from purl next week. So excited to make this!

elephants | giraffes | stripes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be attending a baby shower soon and this is just what I need for a quick and unique gift. Thank you!

k said...

these are seriously so cute. i love the little pink giraffe one :)

Ahka Vintage said...

These are gorgeous! I still have my baby blanket - so if it is made well and unique then it is sure to stick around! I'm glad because now I know what to give my sister in law for her new baby!
AhkaVintage.com